FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How old does my athlete have to be?
- Runners can start as early as 4.5 years old and up to 17 years old. If your athlete is 4.5 they should be able to concentrate and follow instruction in a group setting.
How much does it cost to participate?
- The registration fee for a new runners is $185 and Returning Runners is$160 for. This covers uniforms, registration, practices and all 5 North meet. We are able to keep the fees reasonable with fundraising efforts. Contact us before January 1st to find out about our early bird registration prices. PAYMENT PLANS ARE AVAILABLE.
Are there any other fees that’s not included in the registration fee?
- Parents are responsible for AAU ($16 ) & USATF ($20) Membership Fees and Invitational Meets are usually $10
Do I have to participate in Fundraisers
- YES, The 5 North Track Program has 2 MANDATORY team fundraisers that are not included in the registration. The fundraisers help us to keep our fees low, Insurance, purchase equipment, pay for practice and meet facility cost.
Do the runners need a Uniform?
- Uniforms are required and consists of a Jersey top and shorts. Uniforms are included in registration fee
- Uniforms are required to complete in every Meet
How long does the track season goes?
- The regular season goes from February to May
- The postseason goes from May to August
When are the Practices?
- Each team practices in there local city on Monday/ Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday and some teams might practice on Monday/Thursday due to Coaches availability.
- Practice locations are based on facility availability
What are the Practices Times?
- All teams usually practice from 5 pm to 6 pm or 6pm to 7om based on daylight saving time.
Where are the meets held at?
- The meets are on Saturdays in Tracy, Mountain House, Patterson, Hayward, Ripon, Brentwood and Stockton.
- Invitational Meets usually requires more travel.
How long are the Practices?
- Practice are 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. Some runners may stay after practice to get extra work in.
How long are the Meets?
- All meets start on a rolling schedule starting between 9 or 10. ending around 1 pm or 2 pm
How should my child dress for practice?
- No matter the weather, dress warmly but in layers. Athletes should wear comfortable, flexible clothing – no jeans or khakis. Running shoes are required, no basketball shoes or other flat bottom sneakers. They should bring plenty of water and sunscreen.
IF YOU OWN A BUSINESS or YOUR COMPANY SUPPORT YOU SPORTS …
Become a 5 North Track Program Sponsor?
- Program sponsor- $2000
- Invitational Sponsor- $1000
- Business Sponsor- $500
- Event Sponsor- $250
- Race Sponsor- $100
Contact KT Ransom @ 209-276-5312 to be a Sponsor or if you have any other question.
…and don’t forget to connect with us on social media FB, IG & TWITTER